There are days I wonder if our government does anything at all to keep the law and order around here. Right opposite my office building in Brickfields is a public road opposite a few apartments, just along the LRT tracks. Bellow these tracks are legal free parking spots, yellow boxes for the residents of the area and for people to park. There are no signs to indicate any fees that needed to be payed, and no DBKL people ever issue summons as its a legal parking area. Then suddently out of the blue, we have 2 thugs who decided to make some money and they have started to “collect” parking fees from the people to “allow” them to park thier cars there. They give them a “receipt” and say, must pay. They treaten to scratch the cars if you don’t. Sigh. This is a common problem in Malaysia. You see it all over the place. In streets like Bukit Bintang at night, random people will come out place some chairs on a public street and then charge people to park there. When will the government do something about this? Do they even care?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Today-ish In History
- 2014: The Tays In Tenby
- 2013: April is almost over
- 2012: How come weekends go by so quickly?
- 2011: Got Car Means Got Girl :)
- 2010: DC Days : Journey Back Home
- 2009: JJCM :- Fish n Co, 1 Utama
- 2008: Down-Under Dayz : Feeling Homesick In Melbourne?
- 2007: Perhaps I should start taking Gingko...
- 2006: Answering Machine Owners Messages
- 2005: Random Shots from Church
- 2004: Adrian Leong's Wedding
- 2003: Mon, Sep 15 2003